January 10, 2022
WHEREAS, per O.R.C. Section 121.22, concerning open public meetings, it is required that this Board adopt rules relative to scheduling regular and special Board Meetings and providing notice of these meetings: NOW THEREFORE, BE IT RESOLVED BY THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS OF MORROW COUNTY, OHIO:
THAT, this Board hereby establishes the following rules as to the meetings of the Morrow County Board of Commissioners and providing sufficient notice of these meetings to the media and other interested parties as follows:
1. The annual organizational meeting of the Board shall be held in accordance with O.R.C. 305.05 on the second Monday of January of each year, at 9:00 a.m.
2. This Board will hold regularly scheduled sessions at the Morrow County Commissioners Office, 80 North Walnut Street, Mt. Gilead, Ohio, on Monday mornings at 9:00 a.m., and Wednesday mornings at 9:00 a.m., with the exception of a holiday occurring on a Monday or Wednesday.
3. Fifty such regular sessions will be held each year in accordance with O.R.C. Section 305.06
4. Special and emergency sessions will be held at the call of the Board.
5. The Clerk of the Board shall give notice to the media of the date, time, location and purpose of a special session no later than twenty-four hours before the meeting is to start, or, if not possible, as soon as the special session has been called.
6. Any person may request the time and place of all regularly scheduled meetings by submitting a request to the Clerk of the Board.
7. Any person, upon written request, and as provided herein, may obtain reasonable advance notification of all meetings at which any specific item appears on the agenda. Each such person shall file, with the Clerk, a written request specifying the person's name, address, telephone number and/or email address, along with the specific type of public business that is of interest, and the amount of time this request covers (not to exceed three months).
8. Any information or necessary action that an elected official or Commissioners' department head wishes to be reviewed or considered by the Board shall be submitted to the Clerk of the Board by 3:00 p.m. on the preceding work day before the next meeting.
9. Public comment is welcomed by the Board. A fifteen-minute session will be allotted to those who wish to speak to the Board, providing that information on the topic to be discussed is presented to the Clerk of the Board by 3:00 p.m. the day preceding the meeting. If this is not provided, public comment will be limited to three minutes per person,
THAT, this Board of Morrow County Commissioners hereby finds and determines that all formal actions relative to the adoption of this resolution were taken in an open meeting of this Board; and that all deliberations of this Board and of its committees, if any, which resulted in formal action, were taken in meetings open to the public in full compliance with applicable legal requirements, including Section 121.22 of the Revised Code.